It's time for randomness again.....FRIDAY....which to most of you is a welcome end to a hard week.
To me, it means another week is about to begin.
Before I begin yet another week of work, it's fun to join in with Nancy over at A Rural Journal
and tell five random thoughts about myself, my kids, my life, or anything else that randomly
goes in one ear and out the other, spending only a few moments in this empty shell that used to
house a brain.
1. Is a house just a house to you, or a home?
The word house, to me, implies that it's just a building made of sticks and stones and nothing more. It has no sentimental value to you. It is just a place where you store your stuff and come to end a day....a place to rest your head for a short while. You can leave it and have no remorse.
A home, to me, means a place where there are happy memories. It's a place where you have planted yourself and your family and taken root. It's where your lives grew together and love wove a bond that will tie you together for life. A home can tell sweet stories of years gone by.
My mom may be moving at the end of the month. She will be leaving my home. The home that has been there since I was 9. And oh, the stories it can tell. I will be happy for her to have a newer, safer place to live.....but, I will miss hearing the laughter that filled those walls, seeing small reminders that my dad once was here with us.....the way I still drive by my grandparents homes, I will always have a place in my heart for the home that I spent most of my childhood in.
2. From now on, I will be working alone. I am quite sad about that. I have enjoyed working with the women I have worked with over the past 14 years. I guess I will have to put my head phones on and listen to music and keep my nose to the grindstone.
3. The thing that brings me the most joy now is going for long walks with my Hubby and taking pictures of our discoveries. I am looking forward to the day that I no longer have to go to work 6 days a week and will be able to spend my days with him. I wonder why life can't be that way....just doing what you enjoy most and not having to BE somewhere at a certain time.
4. This was along the walking path today. When I spotted it, I made Hubby stop so I could get this picture. I loved the layers here.
I also made him stop for this....a fallen tree that seemed to be reaching out to us.
5. Sometimes, three is company. I looked out our living room window and saw my three sons sitting together in the sun. I wonder if they figured there was safety in numbers.
We spotted this pink car today....wonder if it's a Pepto Bismol salesman.
Take a good look at the rear of this car.
Now, take a look at the rear of this pink car.....they are two totally different cars....two pink cars in one day. Is this a trend?
In my mom's back yard today, I spotted this cardinal sitting in the fence. Wasn't sure I got him because of the direction the sun was shining from....couldn't tell in my camera screen....but, yes, here he is when I looked tonight.
As we were driving over to my mom's, I spotted this buzzard (?) in the sky....and as we passed, just turned my camera around and hit the shoot button....and amazingly caught this guy in flight. Love it when that happens!
Well, that's all for my randomness today. And I did random around, didn't I? Hope you all have a wonderful week full of friends, lots of laughter, and home!
Now click on that Random Five Friday button on my sidebar and read others randomness! Hurry! Don't put it off til tomorrow....you might miss something!